All March Break programs are free of charge. Spaces are limited and registration is required for all programs.
Make sure you have your library card handy when you register.
To renew your membership, for sign up for a library card please visit our membership page.
Any questions, please email email@example.com
- Monday, March 14 10 a.m. In-person for kids in grade JK-2 - Fighting Fires 101
Firefighting is an important and fascinating career. Learn all about the life of a firefighter with Firefighter Nicholas. He’ll show us his equipment, share some great fire safety tips and answer all your firefighting-related questions. Register here
- Monday, March 14 2 p.m. Virtual event for kids in grades 3-5 Virtual Escape Room with Looking Glass Adventures Join us at Maryweather Mansion where the artifact collection of a world renowned archaeologist and explorer is in jeopardy! Solve puzzles and feel the excitement of working towards a goal as a team. This remote play escape room is the same game you would experience if you visited Looking Glass Adventures in person, but played over video software with a host. Register here
- Tuesday, March 15 11 a.m. In-person all ages - Out of Everywhere Storytelling: Stories for Now from Once Upon a Time
Jennifer Cayley has been a performance storyteller for more than three decades. While her repertoire includes literary, historical and personal stories, it is the traditional folk and fairy tales along with some of the world’s great epics that are the foundation of her work. Traditional stories open up a world of adventure and imagination. They are the most ancient and – oh so contemporary – of learning strategies encouraging empathy, self-reflection, inter-cultural respect, language development, active listening and … they are just plain fun! This rich world heritage of narrative is deeply imbedded in popular culture and contains stories to engage participants of all ages. There are simple interactive tales for the very young, wonder tales shining with vivid imagery and remarkable exploits for middle grades and the grandeur of the world’s great epics for older participants. Register Here
- Tuesday March 15 2 p.m. In–person event for the whole family - Drag Queen Story Time with Holli Cow!
Are you ready for a rollicking good time? We will be entertained by the glamourous Holli Cow and enjoy an afternoon of music and stories. You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions and dance along. Wear what makes you feel comfortable, confident and fabulous! Register Here
- Wednesday March 16 10:30 a.m. In-person for kids in grades 2-5 - The Friends Trio
Celebrate music with The Friends Trio! Patrick, Liza and Marko will lead an exploration of how different instruments sound alone and in combination, as well as mood and tempo in music. Maybe you’ll leave feeling inspired to pick up a new instrument! Register Here
- Wednesday March 16 1:30 p.m. In-person for kids JK and up - Pop Up Painters Event
Pop Up Painters will be taking us on an artistic journey! You will leave with a stunning painting of a fox to display proudly on your wall. Register Here
- Thursday, March 17 10 a.m. Virtual event for all ages. Some spaces are available for participants to view this event on the movie screen in the library - Travels with a Guide Dog
When you see a person who is blind walking down the street with a guide dog do you ever wonder what is it like to walk with a guide dog? What does the guide dog do at home when not working? Can a guide dog go everywhere the person goes? Is a guide dog perfect? What happens when you need to get a new guide dog? Join us and hear guide dog stories that will entertain, engage, and educate. Taken from Kim Kilpatrick’s popular show Raising Stanley/Life With Tulia, this session will answer many of the questions children have about life with guide dogs. Register Here
- Thursday March 17 2 p.m. Virtual event for kids in grades 5 and up - Virtual Escape Room with Looking Glass Adventures
Join us at Maryweather Mansion where the artifact collection of a world renowned archaeologist and explorer is in jeopardy! Solve puzzles and feel the excitement of working towards a goal as a team. This remote play escape room is the same game you would experience if you visited Looking Glass Adventures in person, but played over video software with a host. Register Here
- Friday, March 18 1:30 p.m. Virtual event for kids from grades JK – 8. Some spaces are available for participants to view this event on the movie screen in the library - “Tales from Turtle Island” by Indigenous Experiences
Indigenous Experiences’ programs offer a rare opportunity to experience the rich culture, teachings, and history of Canada’s Indigenous People from a First Nation perspective. Indigenous traditional stories hold the knowledge, memories, and identity of Turtle Island First Nations people and communities. Expand your understanding of the diversity and richness of Indigenous culture through these unique and authentic traditional stories. Register Here
Youth Services Librarian
Youth Services Librarian